Wednesday, January 30

My "Top 5" Type Lists

Photobucket
In an homage to one of my favorite actors, John Cusack, and one of my favorite movies, High Fidelity, here are a few of my "top five of all time" type lists:

Top 5 Tried and True Fonts:
1. Trade Gothic
2. Garth Graphic
3. Hoefler Text
4. Helvetica Neue Light (note: not the whole family, just light)
5. News Gothic

Top 5 Overused Fonts:
1. Myriad
2. Trajan
3. Gill Sans
4. Georgia
5. Futura and Eurostile - a tie for spot #5
6. Zaphino (I just couldn't leave it out)

Current Top 5 Favs for the Winter/Spring of '08*
1. Grad
2. Halvorsen
3. Hypatia
4. Alita
5. Union
*all fabulous finds on veer (a surprise, I know *wink*)

Top 5 "Drop My Class If You Use These" Fonts
1. Comic Sans
2. Papyrus
3. Myriad
4. Hobo
5. Anything that looks distressed from dafont.com

Top 5 Fonts That Just Make Me Smile Even If I Rarely Use Them
1. Electrix
2. Mona Lisa
3. Linoscript
4. Blue Eye Shadow
5. Senator

Top 5 People Who Make Designing With Type/Type Design an Art
1. Paula Scher
2. David Carson
3. Zuzana Licko
4. Louise Fili
5. Herb Lubalin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5 Fonts You Don't Want to Catch Your Boyfriend With

1. Josephine
2. Miss Kitty
3. Mindy Highlight
4. Shalimar
5. Venus Extra Bold

Check out The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces

Ms. Dash